Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{Decor} A Bathroom for Big and Small

Since my son was born (four years ago) I've wanted to redo our kid's/guest/hall bathroom, but have been unable to find a solution I could be satisfied with. I didn't want the bathroom to scream "kids", because it's only 1 of 2 in our humble abode- the one that our guests typically use, unless they, for some reason, use our master bath, which, for some other reason, at least to me, is always so awkward. Am I the only one? I don't feel like I should be in there... and it makes me want to peek in their cabinets, like they do in the movies...but I don't...Really.

Anyhow, if you've been in my house, you know that I do like the shabby feel of an old vintage piece of furniture (whether it's really vintage or not). And, with a rich history in education, Eric Carle holds a warm place in my heart. Thus, when I came across this Hungry Caterpillar towel, a new idea was born. I would marry two of my loves- garden vintage and children's literature, for this common stomping ground. I may continue adding a few more branches and pieces here and there, as like with any good author- a great piece of work is never done. For now, this is it, and I am happily satisfied.

While I adore my kids painting creations, I'm not sure that others will, so they will not appear in my Etsy shop. (Don't worry. Your disappointment will dissipate.)However, you may see my own from this collection there soon. In the mean time, I'll continue working on the kids painting skills.

1 comment:

  1. IT looks really cute Laura!!! Those paintings were not hung up at the party. I love it.

    ReplyDelete