Thursday, November 17, 2011

{Party} a SUPER fourth birthday

This was a SUPER party for a SUPER boy. While I'm a little partial, I do think my son's 4th birthday party was the most fun party we have had at our abode as of yet. I'm in love with all the details and am so thankful for all the help I had in pulling it off.
It all began 4 months ago when I said, "Hey Trenton, what kind of birthday party would you like to have?" Without pause, it was "Super Hero". I usually ask a few more times over the next few weeks, just to see if he changes his mind. Not this time. Super Hero it was. While I take care of the decorating and planning details, I do let my kids choose what kind of food they would like to have at their shin-digs. They never fail to surprise me. Last spring it was Sophia with her peanut butter on a spoon. This time, "Trenton, what would you like to eat at your party?" "Pickles." "What else?" "Cheeseburgers." "Anything else?" "Broccoli." Really?!?!? Broccoli at a party? And no, he wasn't changing his mind. What can I say. They boy does love his broccoli. And so, there was the Broccoli Bar- Top it the way you like it! Right next to the cheeseburgers.
Check out the pics for the rest of the SUPER details: masks & capes, Create Your Identity station, a Training Facility, Action Shots, and SUPER cupcakes and extra SUPER cake (strawberry on top, peanut butter on the bottom- are you drooling yet).
Vendors & Inspiration:
Invitations & Print from The Bird and The Bee Custom Creations (that's me!)
Party inspiration from AndersRuff Custom Designs
Capes & Masks from WalMart (Don't tell Martha my plan to make them fell through...)
Cake from Cupcakes to Go/ Occasional Creations in Keller (pics and super hero added by me)
Cupcake liners & Striped Straws from In the Clear, Etsy
Photo Booth back drop, I pulled the city scape from my son's room decor, created by me, The Bird and the Bee Custom Creations
Photography by me, too, Laura Veno Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment