Sunday, December 18, 2011

{Ideas} A Tasty Treat

I've decided that I would try to blog more about things I do and create for myself, even if they're not something I'm marketing. And this idea, while you can't purchase it from me, maybe it will inspire you to create a home made tasty treat of your own to gift.
We decided early on in the Christmas season that we wanted to share one of our most favorite breakfast treats with the kids' friends- home made donuts and chocolate milk! The kids had so much fun helping me make them. They got to punch out the donut holes and sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar. (And maybe eat one here and there.)How to:
All you need is a can of regular biscuits (one biscuit makes one donut)
Cooking oil (I used vegetable)
Cinnamon and Sugar

Cut the centers out of the biscuits using a tiny circle biscuit cutter or small circle cookie cutter.
Drop the biscuit and donut hold into hot cooking oil. Flip the donut once it has browned on the bottom , and then pull it out when the other side has browned. This all happens very quickly. DON'T walk away!
Let the donuts and donut holes rest on a napkin.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment