Monday, December 12, 2011

{Wear} Lumberjack-ish scarves for the ruggishly handsome baby boys out there...

Okay, so maybe the title is slightly over the top. And I say lumberjack-"ish", because I was really going for a different plaid, but saw this and liked it. Then, I realized it's kind of like the Burberry plaid, and I'm sure there's a lumberjack out there that likes Burberry. Maybe.
Anyhow, I do believe this is one of my most favorite creations yet... and so simple, too. A wonderful client of mine asked if I could make something unique and special for her friend's boys over in Germany. (Yes, folks, that means I'm international. Score!) I absolutley LOVE it when my clients give me free reign to create as I may. And this is the result.
This is one of those projects (like so many I do) that started out a great idea in my head, but needed some tweaking, only to be discovered as I'm knee deep in it. As I'm sewing along, I start to think, (use a sultry voice as you read this, because that's how I think in my head) "How is this going to fit over the baby's head? If he's anything like my son and his pumpkin head..." (I can only think that in my head. I would NEVER tell him that.) Enter scarf escape hatch. As you can see in the decent commercial photography below (see previous post for non examples and explanation), I made the scarf so that it could slip open. Genius! Go me.
I can't wait to see these on the precious, I mean, ruggishly handsome baby boys.

1 comment:

  1. I love them, Laura! You are so creative and talented. I have asked for pictures of the boys and will definitely pass them on!

    ReplyDelete